Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cards isn't just cards

OK ladies, I just wanted to reiterate how much I treasure, not cards, but our friendships. I had the opportunity to go to a "cards night" this weekend that I think was started based on all the talk of ours and let me tell you what it wasn't.

It was not my cards night. I know your thinking "well duh!", but it made me realize yet again what we have. Cards night has nothing to do with playing cards. It has to do with touching base with each other. Staying involved in each others lives and not in the busy body way. I was so awestruck at the different personalities this weekend that I think i just took for granted that we are for the most part all on the same page with such important things...Faith, Family, Marriage, Parenting and etc. So I thought that I would take this time to say AGAIN that I love each one of you and please believe me when I say that my life wouldn't be as fulfilled if just one of you were missing from it. I am so grateful that you guys put forth such a HUGE effort to be my friend. I am so grateful that your husbands are so understanding about "cards" because if they wanted to they really could make it difficult. I am grateful that you want to spend, what is most cases is, your ONE and ONLY night out sitting around at my house doing nothing. I am just grateful...blessed really. I think I take ALOT for granted on a daily basis, but I don't ever want any of you to think that our friendships is one of them. The older I get the more I realize that what we have is a gift from God. A gift very few people are given.

So..long story short...our cards night rocks and other cards nights stink! Well, I guess they don't stink that bad, but our night is SECOND TO NONE!

Love you guys!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love you too, Kate, as well as, all my other "cards" girls! You guys are the best! We really do have something special and I'm so thankful for it and all of you.