Saturday, September 13, 2008

I don't want to see another ear of corn for a LONG time!!!

Last night was a blast! We went to Katie's house to do freezer corn again. If you missed the first time, you can check it our here. Anyway, this time there was only five of us, and we had 21 dozen ears of corn! Yeah, that was a pain in the neck to shuck, but it was definitely worth it! I'd say it took us about 3 hours start to finish - We get a great system going, and everyone just picks up where another person left off.

Before we did the corn though, we made frozen manicotti meals. Each of us made two, so that'll be nice to have in the freezer when I'm stumped for something to make!

I intended on taking a picture of the 76 bags of corn that we made, but we all started dividing them up and putting them in bags, so I missed the opportunity. The only picture I can give is the one of my freezer in my garage. It's now pretty much full with corn and manicotti! :)

Oh, and I can also share this picture...

Christina is pregnant with twin boys - 34 weeks along. She hasn't taken any belly shots yet, so I kind of forced her into this one! :) You'll be happy you have this one day Christina! :)

And by the way - I don't know about anyone else, but my hands are KILLING me!! All that shucking and cutting really got to them!

1 comment:

Katie said...

OK, i think it's time you defrost. You might be able to put quite a bit more in there without all the ice :D