Thursday, September 11, 2008

Two Days with Ben

Okay, so we all know that Ben isn't the easiest child, right? I just wanted to let you all in on the story of my life the past few days...

When I came home from cards on Tuesday (man, does that feel like a really long time ago...) I had 3 or 4 bags and my purse. I set down my purse and the bag Aimee gave me of stuff I bought in Michigan ages ago and proceeded to find room in my freezer for my chicken. I was so tired so I totally forgot the bag was in the hallway.

The next morning, Ben saw through the bag that there was something Superman in there. I was so upset because I was going to save it for Christmas. I can't stand knowing what I'm getting for Christmas! He looked through that bag really hard because he KNEW it was a costume. Ben LOVES costumes. And he could not let it go. Here are a few of our conversations from yesterday...

Ben: "So Mom, can I wear my Superman costume now?"
Me: "No Ben, you can't. I'll tell you what, if you get a star every day this week and you are a good boy at the dr.'s office on Friday, I will give you the costume."
Ben: "Come on Mom. (his new saying. don't know where he got that one!) Just let me wear it!"
Me: "No Ben. I already explained it to you."

Ben: "So Mom, can I just look at my costume."
Me: "No Ben. Did you find it?" (i put it under my bed)
Ben: "I just want to wear it!"

and so it went...on and on and on...ALL.DAY.LONG! He was even talking about it when he went to bed (seriously, I thought I was going to go NUTS!) and still talking about it when he woke up the next day.

So playing with Play-doh this morning he mentioned it (for the 5th or 6th time today). I reminded him that he was going to get it TOMORROW (yay!!!) after his shots. He said to me, "I don't want shots!!" Now, mind you...this is NOT new information. I've been telling him for days to prepare him! I told him he needed shots to make sure he doesn't get really sick. He said to me, "Come on Mom! Puking if fine. I don't need shots!" I was cracking up. I mean, where do they get this stuff!

Oh Ben! I love you so much but boy do you make me crazy!!! :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Lucky for us we get to have two nights this week!

Michelle Dykstra said...

It will be ok mel looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!